FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Robert Lavender at (571) 494-1911
or Cedric Guyton, Event Chairman, at (928) 386-1688
Lambda Gamma Gamma Chapter
P.O. Box 1787, Clinton, MD 20735
The Capital Region Ques Announce Achievement Week 2017:
“ONE Omega, ONE Goal: Celebrating Our Service to the Nation”
Fort Meade, MD – August 31, 2017 -- Today, Lambda Gamma Gamma chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., “The Capital Region Ques,” announced its theme of “ONE Omega, ONE Goal: Celebrating Our Service to the Nation” for its for its annual Achievement Week celebrations taking place from November 10-18, 2017 at various locations throughout the National Capital Region.
Highlighting this year’s events is a visit to the Armed Forces Retirement Home, the High School Essay Contest, a Brotherhood Luncheon highlighted by a discussion with Brigadier General Alfred F. Abramson III, the Founders Ball celebrating 106 years of the founding of the fraternity with legendary civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump as the keynote speaker, and the 21st Annual Birthday Bash celebration featuring “The Diabolical” DJ Biz Markie.
Members of the public are invited to attend various events. Sponsorship, press requests, volunteer efforts, vendors, souvenir journal ad placements, and donations are welcome. Funds will go towards the goal of $50,000 in scholarship assistance for college students. For more information, please visit www.Ques-LGG.org or contact Brother Robert Lavender at (571) 494-1911 or Brother Cedric Guyton, Event Chairman, at (928) 386-1688.
About Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. On November 23, 1911, on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. became the first international fraternal organization founded on the campus of a historically black college. The founders were three undergraduates, Edgar Amos Love, Oscar James Cooper and Frank Coleman, and their faculty adviser, Ernest Everett Just. The four founders selected manhood, scholarship, perseverance and uplift as the organization’s cardinal principles and “friendship is essential to the soul” as its motto. For more information on Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., visit www.OPPF.org.
About Lambda Gamma Gamma. Lambda Gamma Gamma, a military-based chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., was chartered at Fort George G. Meade in 1984. Members include a multitude of civilians and military servicemen that span across all areas of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. This geographic uniqueness led the chapter to adopt the moniker “Capital Region Ques” during the 1990s as it grew in membership and geographic complexity at an exceeded rate.
------------------S C H E D U L E O F E V E N T S B E L O W-----------------------
Who: Lambda Gamma Gamma Chapter (the “Capital Region Ques”)
What: Achievement Week 2017: “ONE Omega, ONE Goal: Celebrating Our Service to the Nation”
- October 20, 2017 (Postmark Deadline) – High School Essay Contest. Contact Brother Nnamdi Jideani at 202-230-3980 or visit www.Ques-LGG.org for more.
- October 23, 2017 (Deadline) – Souvenir Journal Advertisements. For business and personal advertisements to be included in the 2017 Souvenir Journal for patrons at this year's Founders Ball with keynote speaker Benjamin Crump, Esq., please click the above link or contact Brother Glenn DeWitt at (301) 385-6384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 10, 2017 – Visit to Armed Forces Retirement Home. Address: 140 Rock Creek Road NW, Washington, D.C. 20001. Contact Brother Henry Johnson at TLBQueDog@yahoo.com or visit www.AFRH.gov for more information on the Armed Forces Retirement Home.
- November 10, 2017 – Reclamation Night (Members Only). Location (TBD). Contact Brother Ivan Hardnett at 202-641-6064.
- November 12, 2017 – Church Service at Fort Meade. Argonne Hills Chapel Center, 7100 Rockenback Road, Fort Meade, MD 20755. Contact Brother Moses Whitehurst at MosesWhitehurst@Comcast.net for more.
- November 16, 2017 – Brotherhood Luncheon featuring Brigadier General General Alfred F. Abramson III. Bolling Club, Bolling Air Force Base, 50 Theisen Street, Washington, D.C. 20032. $20 Fee for Non-Chapter Members. Contact: Brother Donald Harrsion at 571-449-0859.
- November 17, 2017 – Rededication Ceremony (Members Only) at Howard University. Andrew Rankin Memorial Chapel, 6th Street NW and Howard Place NW, Washington, D.C. 20059. Contact Brother Benson Macon at Bmacon4pres@yahoo.com.
- November 17, 2017 – Birthday Bash Celebration featuring DJ Biz Markie. Hyatt Regency Hotel at Crystal City, 2799 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202. $35 Fee in Advance and $45 at Door. Visit www.Ques-LGG.org or https://LGGBirthdayBash2017.EventBrite.com. Contact Brother Phillip Edmonds at 301-806-7933 or Brother CJ at 202-409-7240.
- November 18, 2017 – Founders Ball featuring Guest Speaker Benjamin Crump, Esq. Hyatt Regency Hotel at Crystal City, 2799 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202. $75 Fee. BLACK TIE AFFAIR. Tickets available at www.Ques-LGG.org. Contact Brother Chris Metz at 910-489-3668.