Achievement Week 2017: "ONE Omega, One Goal: Celebrating our Service to the Nation"
Lambda Gamma Gamma, a military-based chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., known as “The Capital Region Ques,” presents Achievement Week 2017: “ONE Omega, ONE Goal: Celebrating Our Service to the Nation.”
This year's annual affair will take place from November 10-18, 2017 at various locations throughout the National Capital Region.
Highlighting this year’s events is a visit to the Armed Forces Retirement Home, the High School Essay Contest, a Brotherhood Luncheon highlighted by a discussion with Brigadier General Alfred F. Abramson III, the Founders Ball celebrating 106 years of the founding of the fraternity with legendary civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump as the keynote speaker, and the 21st Annual Birthday Bash celebration featuring “The Diabolical” DJ Biz Markie.
How You Can Help. Members of the public are invited to attend various events. Sponsorship, press requests, volunteer efforts, vendors, souvenir journal ad placements, and donations are welcome. Funds will go towards the goal of $50,000 in scholarship assistance for college students. For more information and to purchase tickets to the Founders Ball and Birthday Bash, please contact Brother Robert Lavender at (571) 494-1911 or Brother Cedric Guyton, Event Chairman, at (928) 386-1688.
This Year's Schedule of Events
Please CLICK ON EACH EVENT to purchase tickets or learn how you can contribute to this year's outstanding program:
- October 23, 2017 (Deadline) – Souvenir Journal Advertisements. For business and personal advertisements to be included in the 2017 Souvenir Journal for patrons at this year's Founders Ball with keynote speaker Benjamin Crump, Esq., please click the above link or contact Brother Glenn DeWitt at (301) 385-6384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 10, 2017 – Visit to LGG Armed Forces Retirement Home Visit. Address: 140 Rock Creek Road NW, Washington, D.C. 20001. Contact Brother Henry Johnson at Johnsonq2@yahoo.com or visit www.AFRH.gov for more information on the Armed Forces Retirement Home.
- November 10, 2017 – LGG Reclamation Night (Members Only). Location (TBD). Contact Brother Ivan Hardnett at 202-641-6064.
- November 16, 2017 – Brotherhood Luncheon featuring Brigadier General Alfred F. Abramson III. Bolling Club, Bolling Air Force Base, 50 Theisen Street, Washington, D.C. 20032. $20 cost for non-chapter members. Contact: Brother Donald Harrsion at 571-449-0859.
- November 17, 2017 – Rededication Ceremony (Members Only) at Howard University. Cramton Auditorium, 2455 6th Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20059. Contact Brother Benson Macon at Bmacon4pres@yahoo.com.
- November 17, 2017 – Birthday Bash Celebration featuring DJ Biz Markie. Hyatt Regency Hotel at Crystal City, 2799 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202. Tickets: $35 in advance and $45 at door. Purchase here or at https://LGGBirthdayBash2017.EventBrite.com. Contact Brother Phillip Edmonds at 301-806-7933 or CJ at 202-409-7240.
- November 18, 2017 – Founders Ball featuring Keynote Speaker Benjamin Crump, Esq. Hyatt Regency Hotel at Crystal City, 2799 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202. Tickets: $75. BLACK TIE AFFAIR. Purchase here or contact Brother Chris Metz at 910-489-3668