SPORTS & ATHLETICS
- Jerry Ball - 3 time Pro Bowler and former NFL defensive lineman.
- Vince Carter - 8-time All-Star. 2-time All-NBA guard for the New Jersey Nets. 1999 NBA Rookie of the Year.
- Mark Duper - 3 time Pro Bowler and 2-time All-Pro former wide receiver with Miami Dolphins.
- Clarence E. "Big House" Gaines - Hall of Fame Basketball coach. Coached at Winston-Salem State University from 1946 - 1993. Also, 4-year All-CIAA lineman in football.
- Dr. Edwin Bancroft (E.B.) Henderson - Captain and outstanding player on the Washington 12th Streeters (1906-1910). He is known as the "Father of Black Sport History". First Black male to become certified to teach Physical Education in public schools.
- Keith Jackson - 5 time Pro Bowler and 5 time All Pro former NFL Tight end.He was inducted to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2001.
- Cedric "Cornbread" Maxwell - Outstanding former professional basketball player with the Boston Celtics and other teams. 1981 NBA Finals MVP.
- Shaquille O'Neal - Star center with the Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers is a 14 time NBA All-star. He is 3 time NBA Final MVP and 2000 NBA MVP.
- Brice Taylor - University of Southern California football legend. Guard on mid 1920’s team. Schools first All-American.
- Terrence Trammell - 2-time (2000, 2004) Olympic silver medalist in 110m hurdles.
- Charlie Ward - 1993 Heisman Trophy winner and former NBA guard with the NY Knicks.